Title Optimizations Ideas
- Place top-performing keywords in descending order– Search engines deems the first word the most valuable word used, the second-word next will most valuable, and so on in descending order. No one wants to read a list of words. Write your <title> tag text in natural language, making it as compelling to the human reader as possible.
- Ensure site branding goes last– always put your branding last in the <title> tag text unless your keywords are brand keywords.
Avoid using stop words – Stop words don’t carry any keyword value. Stop words structure of:
- Articles ( “the”, ”an” and “a”)
- Auxiliary verbs ( “am”, “is”, and “can”)
- Conjunctions ( “and”, “or”, “but” and “while”)
- Particles ( “if”, “then”, and “thus”)
- Prepositions (such as “of”, “that”, “on” and “for”)
- Pronouns (such as “he”, “we”, “which” and “her”) and more
- Reflect the most important keywords used in the page’s body text
- Keep it unique between pages
- Avoid keyword stuffing – if you avoid keyword stuffing, get ready for a sure penalty
- Google no longer puts a limit on the number of characters in your search engine result pages title. Rather, it limits the title based on the pixel width.
- Meta title and Meta description Checker: seomofo.com
- So, title tags are now limited by pixel width rather than characters, meaning that if you use wide characters such as “J” and “M” then Google will display fewer characters than if you were to use thinner characters such as “T” and “l” – in fact, they managed to get a 107 character title tag to display in full!
Title tags one of the most influential ranking signals. Here are the best practices for title tags:
512 pixels in width, generally 55 – 60 characters
Make sure the title tags are readable
If you include a brand in the title tags, place it at the end of title unless it is a well-known brand people seek out
Make each title unique
Avoid stuffing keywords
Another suggestion, for Site Links, is that the title should form a complete message before Google cuts it off with an ellipsis mark. Title tags that communicate a clear, coherent thought earn a higher click-through rate
Example – adage.com in google or http://www.nytimes.com/
PLACE POST TITLE BEFORE BLOG TITLE FOR BETTER SEO
By default blogger displays, blog title before post title in search engines and it is not good for better SEO. So change to display Post title before blog title
Bad Example of Post Title:
Good Example of Post Title:
How to place post title before blog title
- Follow the steps to place post title before blog title.
- login to blogger.
- Go to template> edit html> proceed.
- Now find this html code.
Replace with this code.
<b:if cond=’data:blog.pageType == "item"’>
<title><data:blog.pageName/> | <data:blog.title/></title>
Now click on Save template.
Google will take few times to crawl your page however you can notice the changes in your browser tab.
Search Google for any keyword and 99% of the time you will see that the top ranking pages all include the word in the title tag.
Best Practices For Tile Tags?(Post Title)
Add creative words around your main keywords
- There is a little more, placing your keyword in your title.
- Search results are becoming more real intelligent and are generated more to user experience
Length between 50-60 characters
Google usually shows only the first 50-60 characters, anything after this will be cut off, sincere when writing your title tags. Try to get your point across within the limitations.
Uniqueness, keep it real
Google likes unique content, dames goes for title tags. Don’t copy somebody else’s title word for word. If you do you are far less likely to outrank the site you have copied.
Be creative and use unique title that explains exactly what your page is about
Don’t keywords stuff?
Only use your keywords once in the title, over using your keyword can result in an over optimization penalty
Meta Description Tag
Settings > Search Preferences > Enable Search Descriptions (Yes).
It will take some time.
1.Write fresh and unique description and please do not dare to copy paste from other sites but you are always open to take ideas.
- Search Engines do not take/count Meta Description Tag for ranking nowadays.
- Meta Description is used to describe a page, so try to write the unique description for every page.
- No character limit for writing Meta Description . You can also add some of your keywords but make it to a reasonable length.
Meta Description Tag
- Better to keep it to 150 characters long. Visitors decide to visit a page seeing Meta Description
- Try to use your keyword at starting when writing meta description. Its not about only using keywords but it should have to be meaningful and reader friendly. Only use your site main keywords in short way.
Example: If your site main keyword is “Hot Gossip” then your meta description could be “Hot Gossip is a blog that gets regularly update with all the latest news and informations.”
<meta name=”description” content=” This is an example of a meta description. This will often show up in search results.”> </head>
Optimal Length for Search Engines – Roughly 155 Characters
For Killer Meta Description Tag
- Meta description should introduce the user to what the page is about
- Create a bridge between the article and description. Make sure that your meta description gets idea about the article
- Great meta descriptions involve a touch of the persuasive. Make visitors understand that this is the page he/she wants to visit. Do not use a call to action based words like buy/spend like this.
- If your page or site is about products then use your important keywords and shortly describe your product or promotions. example: 65% discount
- By the time a user finishes reading your description, they should be curious about what the page will say about the topic
- Do not ruin the curiosity explaining too much.
example: upto, condition apply
Use The Right Words:
- The keywords may not matter for search engines, but they do matter for users.
- These words should be associated with his or her query.
Make Them The Correct Length:
If you write a meta description that is too long, Google will truncate it.
Google announced in September of 2007 that neither meta descriptions nor meta keywords factor into Google’s ranking algorithms for web search.
The keywords and phrases you use in your Meta description tag may not affect your page’s ranking in the search engines, but this tag can still come in handy in your overall SEO and social media marketing campaigns.
Meta Tag Checker
Meta Keywords Tag
- The meta keyword tag has become the least important tagfor the search engines and especially Google.
- It is an easy way to reinforce once again your most important keywords
- The keyword tags should contain between 4 and 10 keywords
- They should be listed with commas and should correspondto the major search phrases you are targeting
- Every word in this tag should appear somewhere in the body, or you might get penalized for irrelevance
- No single word should appear more than once, or it may be considered spam.
- Use small letters
Example: If your site is about sports then your meta keyword could be Football, Cricket, Rugby, Long Tennis etc. because these keywords are related to sports.
Meta Keyword Tag Sample
if your news article was on the subject of a sporting event such as the FIFA World Cup then you might not feel it necessary to mention the word “Football” in the title or very often with in the body of the piece itself. However using the new Meta news keyword tag to include the word “Football” will allow Google to still establish its relevance to any searches around this phrase.
<meta name=”news_keywords” content=” World Cup, FIFA, Football, Soccer”>
- Optimize Keywords in Heading Tags
- ’h’ means heading. A very important factor affecting on-site SEO is the use of heading tags. Heading tags range from H1 to H6 in decreasing order of size and importance given by robots.
- With a good number of H1, H2, and H3 tags, you can attract robots and get a good response from them.
- Search engines first focus on h1 and then h2. h1 is most commonly used for blog title and h2 for blog description, post title and some others
- Many bloggers use h3 tag in their post title instead of h2 because most of the bloggers who use h3 post title really don’t know the importance of h2 post title or they may not know how to change h3 post title to h2 post title
- Blogger default templetes uses H3 tags instead of H1 tags. You need to change H3 to H1.
How to Change Post Title from H3 to H1
- Go to Blogger > Template > Edit Html OR(for old blogger dashboard)Blogger > Design > Edit Html
- Look for .post h3 and replace every entry to .post h1
- Look for <data:post.title/> You should be able to find this one enclosed in a h3 tag like <h3><data:post.title/></h3> or like <h3 class=”post-title”><data:post.title/></h3>
- This depends if you are using a third party edited template. But after a little searching you can find the given code. Now replace the h3 used in the tag to h1.
- Save your template and check it out!
- Remember, these small SEO tips finally add up to improve your site performance.
= Very important For On-Page Optimization especially for article optimization.
Why use images?
= As long as you are providing besides your content and image should have to be content related and it makes the content more standard, rich and engaging. Sometimes you can understand the whole idea about the content by seeing images. If the image is properly optimized then it will rank in the search engine which will increase your visitor.
Image ALT tag
Why do we need to use ALT tag for image optimization?
- Search engine only understand “TEXT”, not image. Because they can’t read anything without text. So, when you are adding some text into an image it gets clear to Google technology about the image.
- You have to use keywords into image alt tag so that when someone search that keyword your image will show up if that image ranks.
- Your image have to be unique. Do not just copy and use others images from google search. Now question is, How to make an image Unique? You just need to modify that image adding small changes like your name, watermark, arrow mark and more.
- Use main keyword for your image in both alt tags and title tags but do not make them same.
- Do not write full sentences. For example: If you are writing an article about blog traffic, Do not write like this “5 tips to drive traffic in blogger blog” write like this “blog traffic tips”, “Drive traffic”.
- Do not use more than 4 words for image alt tag.
The alt tag is part of the image HTML tag. Here is an example
<img alt=”filing cabinet in row” src=”http://madlemmings.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/filing-cabinets-row.jpg” >
- Put keywords more towards the beginning
- Try to write a relevant description which is also related to the page (if possible)
- Always use the alt attribute for images you want indexed in search engines (ie. images used in your sites background/construction etc can be ignored)The following is an Alt tag checker for checking your webpages to ensure you have them.http://www.feedthebot.com/tools/alt/
As strange as it might seem, the filename plays a role in Image SEO.
So please PAY ATTENTION to the following filename pointers!
- Don’t use just one word (or words together) to name your image files. Example: apple. You will not rank for this keyword.
- Name/Describe the image well. Use meaningful 3-4 words maximum.
example: search engine optimization or optimization search engine
- Uses dashes/hyphens, not underscores or pluses, to separate the words in the filename
- Google sees dashes as word separators and underscores as joiners so to Google:
Mad-Lemmings = Mad Lemmings
Mad_Lemmings = MadLemmings
- Do not use any number before or after the image file name. Because people are going to search with keyword and they are not going to type any numbers after the keyword. Always try to rename your image file using your keyword.
File Name: e.g. white-cat.jpg ………It makes sense to use more than one term in the filename (e.g. “white-cat-on-green-chair.jpg”). This gives it the chance to rank with “white cat” or “green chair” or “cat on chair” or “green cat” and so on…
Image Format and Size
Which image format is the best? GIF/PNG/Jpg.
What happens when you convert an image from jpg to png??
What Google wants you to use? jpg. png file is larger than jpg
Image File Size
- An image’s file size can vary greatly and it is the biggest determining factor in how fast an image will load to a webpage. Example: One website contains 2MB of an image and another is 100KB. Which website is going to load faster? Its a ranking factor that how much time your website takes to load. If it takes too much time then that is not a good page. Even that page is in the No#1 position then it will be down in the next few days. What if the website is about wallpaper?
- High-tech cameras take extremely detailed pictures, resulting in huge file sizes, some are even several megabytes. Ideally though, an image that’s uploaded to your webpage will be under:100-120kb for a large image50-70kb for a medium image
30-40kb for a small image
- It is not confirmed that images will rank in the search engine but you have to follow the guidelines. If you do then it is possible to rank in google.
- THE TITLE
- Whats is the difference between title and alt tag
- = Image Title text have to be different from the alt text, Different from the image keywords. may be using one or two words similar but not the same.
- Title length could be 3-5 words, do not use long title. Its not a ranking factor, all that matter is the keyword that you put in the alt tag.
- This is an other attribute of the Image HTML tag that you can use to provide image information.Most browsers use this instead of the Alt text to display to the user when you put your mouse over an image.According to many gurus like SEO Moz, it has no SEO impact.
However, for your user’s sake it is best to have both the alt and title attributes
- you are uploading an image about “10 tips to increase traffic in blogger”, so your title tag should be “tips to increase blogger traffic” and your alt tag should be “blogger traffic tips” “increase blogger traffic” “traffic tips for blogger” or something else..Here your main keyword is “traffic” or “blogger traffic” and you are using it in both, alt tag and title tag.Preferred image formatting – jpg
Limited number of images per page
originality (picture looks different than most of other results)
- How to add alt text and title text in blogger
- Blogger image properties let you easily create alt tag and title tag for an image.
- Now you can add alt tag and title tag without using HTML codes.
- Here is how to add these tags in your images for better SEO.
- Sign into blogger.com.
- Create a new post and upload an image.
- Click on a uploaded image, you will find properties link, click on it.
- Type your image title in the title text.
- Type your image tag/keyword in the alt text.
- Click OK and you are done tagging your image!
How URL Structure/Permalink should be?
= Short URL structure is preferred by search engines. It is always suggested to keep your URL structure or permalink shorter.
= Blogger URL structure is not Good.
= Put your main keyword into URL/Permalink and try to start with your keyword.
= If your article title is “benefits of eating apple” then what will be the best URL or permalink structure? Do not use any stop word but use if necessary.
= For wordpress Login to your dashboard > click on settings > permalink > select “post name”. Done.
What is internal linking?
Benefits of Internal Linking
= Visitors stay in your site.
= Internal linking is very good practice from the on-page SEO perspective if you do this effectively. Very the first benefit is, visitors will remain in your website.
example: If your website is www.fruits.com and you have some articles about Apple. You can link one apple article to another. A visitor who is reading an article into your website, if he/she find another article related to apple he/she might be interested in reading that article as well. you can not practice internal linking into your all of the article. if you think that the first article is about something and the second article is also similar(story can be different but same topics) then you can do that. if you think that your second article is better for your visitor then you must add that article.
Article 1 + (2) > Article 2 + (3) > Article 3 + (4) > Article 4 + (5) > Article 5 + (1)
= If you add your second article into your first article then your second article gets a backlink from the first article.
= Recent back linking best practice is that “try to keep the control of your backlinks within yourself.”
= Internal linking must be using related articles. Your website may have 4-5 articles in same topics but different story. You can add them using anchor text for better internal linking. It increase page views.
The idea about links juice. Why and how.
Question: How much is good bounce rate?
= below 50%. A website that has 50% or less bounce rate means that visitor visit that website and spend some quality time.
Question: What is quality time?
= If your article is about 100 words then it will take less than 30 seconds for the visitors to read. Is it a quality time? so, try to publish informative content with some extra value. Write something unique that your visitor is going to love and share with their friends by themselves.